We know times are tough. Schools are facing small to non-existing budgets and some schools are even closing their doors. No surprise that PE continues to take hits – and now professional development opportunities are squelched.
Don’t fret! There are things working in our favor. Childhood obesity is a HOT topic! Everyone, including the First Lady, is jumping on the childhood obesity bandwagon. Brain Research – linking physical activity to academic achievement – is continually evolving and validating our jobs. We’ve all known the value of quality physical education for some time and now it seems that others are finally starting to get it! Take advantage of this – these trending topics can be used to help get you to the PE4life Resource Conference!
What Attendees Receive:
Attendees of the PE4life Resource Conference will receive two full days of professional development and learning opportunities from nationally-renowned industry leaders who get programmatic results. Speakers at the PE4life Resource Conference have quality, cutting edge programs that see positive impacts in students’ physical health and improvements in student learning. Participants at PE4life events are forward thinking and ready to embrace a new way of teaching physical education. This event is a networking and brainstorming opportunity for like-minded professionals. Attendees will also have the opportunity to meet with equipment and program vendors who offer quality, innovative and technologically advanced equipment at discounted prices for event participants.
Your sponsor will want recognition for supporting your school/program and for being a good corporate citizen. They will also want to know that their money is going to go towards something that will make an impact.
- Be sure to alert your local media/newspaper of the champion sponsor and their commitment to bettering your program.
- Invite the Sponsor to see your program in action upon returning from the event (take pictures and inform the media)!
- Share your success story with us so we can give them a shout out on our website, blog or through social media!
Who to approach:
Think of those in your community who share an interest and/or have a stake in the health and wellness of children. If you don’t have a personal contact, ask for someone in the Community Relations, Government Affairs or Marketing departments.
- Community members / Businesses / Large employers (especially those whose employees’ children attend your school)
- Local Hospitals
- Fitness Centers
- Local Insurance Agencies
- School Vendors for food, sports equipment, etc.
- Sporting Good Stores
- Civic Organizations
- Alumni or Booster Groups
- Grocery Stores
- Foundations – local or regional business or family foundations
** Don’t forget: Your attendance at the PE4life Resource Conference can be covered in full by PEP Grant funds! **
Additional details to enhance your proposal:
- What are you hoping to accomplish by attending the PE4life Resource Conference?
- What do you plan to do with the information you receive at the Resource Conference?
- Have you attended a PE4life event before? If so, what did you take away from it?
Once you’ve secured your funding, don’t forget these important follow up steps!
- Register for the event!
- Alert your local media and tell them who are Champions for physical education!
- Share your success with us! We want to know how you did it and your lessons learned.)
- Tell us who is supporting physical education in your area. We want to give them a shout out!
Good luck! We hope to see you in October!