I call them Dark Chocolate Haystacks and they are so simple and healthy!
Just two ingredients - dark chocolate chips (lower in sugar and high in antioxidants) and plain Shredded Wheat (nothing but wheat- loads of fiber).
It literally took more time for me to type this recipe than it took to make the treats!
Dark Chocolate Haystacks
- 1 cup of Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 large Shredded Wheat biscuits
1. Crumble the shredded wheat into a bowl, make sure to get most of the clumps out.
2. Melt the dark chocolate chips in the microwave in a small dish (about 45 seconds then stir, then back in for another 45 seconds tends to do it)
3. Pour the melted chocolate into the shredded wheat bowl with a rubber spatula and mix until all shredded wheat is covered in chocolate.
4. Spoon out onto parchment/wax paper
5. Let cool and solidify at room temp